* 1865 Kolmar
† 1950 München
Born on July 2, 1865 in Colma (Alsace), Heinrich Wadere began his artistic training with an apprenticeship in a woodcarving studio. Wadere later studied under Prof. Eberle at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich. From 1900, he held a position as professor for figurative sculpture at the Academy of Applied Art in Munich and also kept a close connection to the woodcarving school in Oberammergau. Wadere became known for his medallions and monuments, which commemorated many different people and causes. His memorial to Richard Wagner at Prinzregentenplatz in Munich, which was erected in 1913, is a representative example of his work. He is recognized as a member of the Munich school for his works in plastic. Wadere died on February 27, 1950, in Munich.